Postion: Graphic Designer
Magenta Inc. - Berkeley, CA 94710
Magenta Inc. is a tabletop ceramic design and manufacturing firm/ importer headquartered in San Francisco Bay Area, with regional offices in Pasadena, CA and throughout Hong Kong and Mainland China. We are a fast-paced company working with several established and well-known gift and homeware retailers throughout the US.
Celebrating personal style with a unique twist. Inspired by the artisans who love and live their craft. Designing beautiful and simple pieces for the home that can forever be enjoyed.
Established in 2002, our passion for creating stylish and memorable pieces continues to grow. Our collaborations with artisans and designers offer a wide range of authentic, sophisticated collections suited to a variety of environments and personalities. Through our select factories in Asia, we work with skilled craftspeople whose love of hand-sculpting and glazing techniques rivals only our exacting eye for quality and tradition.
We are hiring a Graphic Designer to be part of our Berkeley office. This is a full-time position with benefits. We do not provide work visa sponsorship.
The Graphic Designer is responsible for creating production art files for a wide variety of products in key materials. This role requires knowledge of product manufacturing processes and artwork parameters. Becoming familiar with the variety of accounts and their respective quality and pricing requirements will be key to being successful in this role.
Required Skills/ Experience:
- Must be highly proficient in the following programs:
- Photoshop (including color correction)
- Minimum 1-year experience in the design field.
- Must be team-oriented, willing to wear different hats, ego-free and have a strong work ethic.
- Must be extremely organized with the ability to multi-task and be detail-oriented.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Creation of production art files for product sampling and manufacturing, minimizing revisions and resampling.
- Projects may include product renderings, physical mock-ups, packaging, presentation tools and marketing materials.
- Providing support to Senior Production Designer and Art Directors with additional duties as necessary.
- Availability to travel to trade/gift shows or meetings as necessary.
Job Type: Full-time
Berkeley, CA (Required)
United States (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off