Magenta Inc. - Berkeley, CA
Magenta Inc. is a tabletop ceramic design and manufacturing firm/ importer headquartered in San Francisco Bay Area, with regional offices in Pasadena, Hong Kong and Mainland China. We are a fast-paced company working with several established and well-known gift and homeware retailers throughout the US.
Established in 2002, our passion for creating stylish and memorable pieces continues to grow. Our collaborations with artisans and designers offer a wide range of authentic, sophisticated collections suited to a variety of environments and personalities. Through our select factories in Asia, we work with skilled craftspeople whose love of hand-sculpting and glazing techniques rivals only our exacting eye for quality and tradition.
We are hiring an Accountant to be part of our Accounting team in our Berkeley office. This is a full-time position with benefits. We do not provide work visa sponsorships.
- Assist with A/P, A/R, journal entries, GL, reconciliation, billing, handling of banking accounts.
- Verify vendor invoices, expense reports, check requests, and purchase requisitions; enter data into accounts payable system; process bi-weekly check runs, resolve billing discrepancies when needed.
- Invoice customers and process customer payments and billing.
- Process credit memos and chargebacks. Submit disputes as necessary.
- Manage and facilitate all A/R-related communications with customers and A/P- related communications with vendors.
- Actively manage the collections process and credit review, ensuring timely notification to customers, direct and make collection calls and handle credit decisions.
- Prepare commission reports for outside sales on a monthly basis and for designers on a quarterly basis
- Maintain employee records, work with insurance agency to maintain company insurances
- Assist with special accounting and reporting projects as necessary.
- 3- 5 years accounting experience.
- Familiarity with QUICKBOOKS a must.
- Self-starter who is able to both work independently and as a team member.
- Must be extremely organized with the ability to multi-task and be detail-oriented.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Proficiency Microsoft Word/Excel.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Job Type: Full-time
Berkeley, CA (Required)
United States (Required)
Paid time off