Position: Creative Designer
Magenta Inc - Berkeley, CA 94710
We are a tabletop ceramic design and manufacturing firm headquartered in San Francisco Bay Area, with regional offices throughout Hong Kong and Mainland China. We are a fast-paced company working with several established and well-known gift and tabletop housewares retailers throughout the US.
We are hiring a Creative Designer to be part of our in-house design team. This is a full time salaried position with full benefits. We do not provide work visa sponsorships
Required Skills/ Experience:
- Understanding of industry trends and ability to interpret and translate market research into trend boards.
- Ability to generate new product concepts – figural and surface design - on an accelerated schedule is a must.
- Ability to lead the team with clear creative directions.
- Experience with major retailers, marketplace housewares trends, and tabletop a plus.
- Familiarity with ceramic mass production process (both domestic and overseas) is helpful but not required.
- Proficiency in the following programs preferred:
- Photoshop (including color correction)
- InDesign Microsoft Office
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Generating new product concepts for major corporate accounts in the mass-market channel.
- Overseeing design changes and improvements throughout the development process.
- Leading the creation and development of detailed illustrated product concepts for presentation to clients.
- Overseeing the product development cycle for assigned programs from design inception to final production.
- Availability to travel to trade/gift shows if necessary
Job Type: Full-time
Design: 2 years (Required)
Berkeley, CA (Preferred)
United States (Required)