Easter is just around the corner, and it's time to start thinking about what's going on your Easter menu this year.
Deviled eggs are a quintessential appetizer. They're easy to make in large batches if you're entertaining the entire family and then some. Not to mention they're egg-cellently festive🐣
- 6 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 to 2 dashes Tabasco sauce (optional)
- Salt, to taste
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh chives
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of softened butter
- Smoked paprika, for garnish
- Whole fresh chives, for garnish
A pastry bag or plastic baggie for piping the filling.
1. To make peeling much easier, steam the eggs! Use a double boiler and place cold eggs into the steamer basket and steam for 13 minutes. Plunge eggs into cold/ice water.
2. Once cool, peel and halve eggs lengthwise, and carefully scoop out yolks. Place yolks in a bowl, and mash with a fork. Add mustard, tabasco (if using), butter, salt, pepper and snipped chives. Stir in mayonnaise.
3. Scoop 1.5 teaspoons of the egg-yolk mixture into the egg whites.
Pro Tip: If you prefer, put the filling in a small plastic baggie to use as an impromptu pastry bag. Cut off the corner and fill each egg to your preference.
4. Dust the top with smoked paprika and garnish with chives. Arrange on your favorite plate and enjoy!😊
- Rae Dunn Stem Print Mixing Bowls, Set of 3
- Rae Dunn Noir Ebonized Kitchen Tools, Set of 6
- Rae Dunn Stem Print Small Plates, Set of 4 (Sign up to be notified when back in stock!)
Shop all your Rae Dunn Easter kitchen essentials here. From kitchen prep to kitchenware to serveware and more!
Let us know if you enjoyed this recipe or added your own twist to it!🤍