Looking for unique dorm room decor ideas to bring your personal style to college? Our decor ideas will help you transform those four walls into your very own space that feels just like home. All you need is a few dorm décor essentials, must-have desk accessories, and some useful tips for putting everything together. Before you know it, you’ll have the most stylish room in the building.
One of the biggest issues when coming up with dorm room décor ideas is space. College dorms aren’t exactly known for being master suites! So, it’s going to be essential that you optimize the space you do have to comfortably live, study, and sleep in the same room – especially if you have a roommate.
One of the most popular styles this year is the modern farmhouse style bedroom. Below are some dorm décor essentials to help you achieve this look while optimizing the space you’re working with.
Dorm Décor Essentials – The Modern Farmhouse Look
Modern farmhouse style bedrooms are known for being rustic yet chic – contemporary yet cozy – and highlighted by natural elements. Say goodbye to the basic college dorm with these dorm décor essentials. Start your home accessories online shopping here:
- Wall Pegs When you don’t have a lot of floor space to work with, it’s best to utilize your wall space. Black wall pegs go with a modern farmhouse style bedroom, but they can really fit into any style! And they will give you a place to hang clothes, bags, hats, and more.
- Fun lighting If you’re not a fan of overhead lighting or would like to create some mood lighting at night, look for fairy lights when you are home accessories online shopping. Also search for light bulbs that you can change color from an app on your phone.
- Storage Storage bins are décor essentials that you cannot skip, especially if you’re working with a very limited amount of space. Think under the bed storage bins, wall shelves, and cabinet organizers to maximize space in the kitchen and bathroom.
- Planters Plants are one of the best dorm room décor ideas that will brighten up your space without taking up too much room. All of our stylish planters are perfect for modern farmhouse style bedrooms – or any style!
- Kitchen Utensils If you have a small kitchen area in your dorm room, opt for fun salt and pepper shakers, plates, and bowls. Plus, stylish cutting boards and unique serveware will definitely take your kitchenware to the next level!
Must-Have Desk Accessories
What would a college dorm be without a desk that is intentionally designed for efficiency and focus? Check out our favorite accessories:
- Trinket Tray You’re going to be running in and out of your dorm a few times a day, switching outfits and changing accessories. A trinket tray on your desk will help you keep your keys, hair ties, ID, and headphones all in one spot.
- Graphite Pencils Take your writing skills to the next level with Rae Dunn’s wood graphite pencils! This unique set of 18 will ensure that you never have to search around for a pencil when you need to take quick notes.
- Bulletin Board Even though most things are digital these days, you’ll still have notes and cards that you want to display so you don’t forget. Hang a bulletin board that has a corkboard side and dry-erase side so you can keep all your reminders in one place that you’ll see every day.
Home Accessories Online Shopping Starts at Magenta
Bring your dorm décor ideas to life with dorm accessories from Magenta! You’ll find essentials for studying, entertaining, decorating, and more in our online store. Browse our selection today, and bring your best style to college this year!