Summer’s here and it’s hotter than ever! We’re excited to announce our newest partnership with Rae Dunn x FabFitFun. Whether you’re splashing by the pool or grilling with friends, Rae Dunn’s Guac + Salsa Bowl Set is sure to be a hit at your next outdoor entertaining event.
So without further ado let’s guac and roll with our favorite salsa + guac recipes, styling tips, and an insider look at how to get your hands on 2021 summer patio decor before our favorite season is over.
Decorating Your Patio Ideas
Summer is all about soaking up some sun and entertaining friends and family in your outdoor spaces. Decorating your patio with ambient lighting, fresh linens, whimsical chimes, and refreshing serveware is the perfect way to create a fun environment for guests to relax and vibe out to. Natural plants and fruit accents add a nice tropical touch to enhance your summer outdoor table settings. Incorporate a cocktail + utensil tier for guests to easily access limes for margaritas, straws, or utensils to keep things neat, festive, and to cut down on space for hors d'oeuvres.
Serve up summer with Rae Dunn’s x FabFitFun Guac + Salsa Bowls. This set is perfectly sized for entertaining. Check out our special recipes below to try with your own Rae Dunn Guac + Salsa Bowl set.
Pico De Gallo
- Roma (plum) tomatoes, diced
- ½ Red onion, minced
- 3 Tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ Jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- ½ Lime, juiced
- 1 Clove garlic, minced
- 1 Pinch garlic powder
- 1 Pinch ground cumin, or to taste
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Stir the tomatoes, onion, cilantro, jalapeno pepper, lime juice, garlic, garlic powder, cumin, salt, and pepper together in a bowl. Refrigerate at least 3 hours before serving.
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime or lemon juice
- 2-4 tablespoons minced red onion or thinly sliced green onion
- 1-2 serrano (or jalapeño) chilis, stems and seeds removed, minced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro (leaves and tender stems), finely chopped
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 ripe tomato, chopped (optional)
- Red radish or jicama slices for garnish (optional)
- Tortilla chips, to serve
- Cut the avocados in half: Remove the pit. Score the inside of the avocado with a blunt knife and scoop out the flesh with a spoon.
- Using a fork, roughly mash the avocado. (Don't overdo it! The guacamole should be a little chunky.)
- Add remaining ingredients to taste: Sprinkle with salt and lime (or lemon) juice. The acid in the lime juice will provide some balance to the richness of the avocado and will help delay the avocados from turning brown. Add the chopped onion, cilantro, black pepper, and chilis. Chili peppers vary individually in their spiciness. So, start with a half of one chili pepper and add more to the guacamole to your desired degree of heat. Remember that much of this is done to taste because of the variability in the fresh ingredients. Start with this recipe and adjust to your taste.
- Serve immediately: If making a few hours ahead, place plastic wrap on the surface of the guacamole and press down to cover it to prevent air reaching it. (The oxygen in the air causes oxidation which will turn the guacamole brown.) Garnish with slices of red radish or jicama strips. Serve with your choice of store-bought tortilla chips.
We’re not the only one’s who loves FabFitFun’s x Rae Dunn Guac + Salsa Bowl Set, Heather Gay from Real Housewives of Salt Lake City and her lovely girls picked it for their own FFF Summer box subscription.
Entertain in style with Rae Dunn's Salsa + Guac serving Set. Whether it's Superbowl season or for outdoor entertaining, these serving bowls are designed for effortless hosting as well as an effortless clean-up. Use the code RAEDUNN50 for 50% off your first seasonal subscription box.